Paper arches, sponge beams and human bridges? WATCH NOW
Learn how bridges are a natural part of human history and are as simple as crossing a fallen tree across a creek. Then try the STEM Challenge by making a truss bridge out of straws.
Download the #CuriosityGuide
- Lamination Power (pdf): How can you make a simple paper bridge hold more weight?
- Sponge Beam Bridge (pdf): Discover opposing forces that act on bridges!
- Paper Arches (pdf): Find out how to strengthen a bridge by changing its shape.
- Simple Suspension Bridge (pdf): Find out how suspension bridges work!
- Human Cable-Stayed Bridge (pdf): How long can you hold your arms out to your sides? Well,if you turn yourself into a Cable Stayed Bridge, you can do it for a really long time!
STEM Challenge - Make a Straw Truss Bridge: Find out what happens when you add triangles to your bridge design!
first air 2/1/16 Ep. 207