© 2022 Michigan State University Board of Trustees
Public Media from Michigan State University
Play Live Radio
Next Up:
0:00
0:00
Available On Air Stations

Pleas, verdicts resolve 2009 Lansing robbery spree

By AP

LANSING, MI –
Law enforcement agencies say they've solved a string of armed robberies from 2009 in and around Lansing with recent guilty pleas and convictions.

Details were announced Friday at a media briefing including the U.S. attorney's office, the FBI and the Lansing police department.

Assistant U.S. Attorney Sean Maltbie says the convictions and pleas clear 28 previously unsolved armed robberies, although the indictments in the case don't include all those crimes.

Maltbie says some of the robberies were to finance interests related to rap and hip-hop music.

Twenty-five-year-old Jordon Jamar Ford and 21-year-old Jasper Burnett Perdue were convicted by a federal jury in Grand Rapids for their roles in the robberies. Both are from Lansing.

Five others pleaded guilty in the case, and one suspect remains at large.

News from WKAR will never be behind a paywall. Ever. We need your help to keep our coverage free for everyone. Please consider supporting the news you rely on with a donation today. You can support our journalism for as little as $5. Every contribution, no matter the size, propels our vital coverage. Thank you.