Administrative Business Analyst
WKAR within the College of Communication Arts and Sciences at Michigan State University is seeking an Administrative Business Analyst to join WKAR’s business office. This position has a unique opportunity to serve multiple functions within WKAR to support its mission and values.
As Administrative Business Analyst with WKAR, this position will work closely with the fiscal officer on monthly and annual reporting needs, including annual audit, CPB annual financial reports, and SABS/SAS. Additional responsibilities of the position include but are not limited to: assist in creation and monitoring of annual budgets; complete internal billings, cash deposits, and external billings; processing all student and temporary employee hiring, termination, overtime/shift differential adjustments and other tasks as needed; oversee all EEO activity and compile annual report for submission to FCC; and oversee compliance of annual CPB harassment training.
This position supports WKAR’s business goals while enjoying the spectacular benefits that Michigan State University has to offer. In addition to salary, Michigan State University provides its staff with a variety of benefits, which are among the best in the profession. Among the most important are a retirement program (10% matching), health, prescription drug, dental, and life coverage.
East Lansing, Michigan continuously ranks as a ‘best place to live’ for its affordable living, small town charm, vibrant arts and local activities – not to mention it’s only short drive to Michigan’s captivating great lakes and beautiful scenic views.
- Bachelor’s degree in a business-related field
- Three years of related and progressively more responsible or expansive work experience in office procedures
- Proven experience with database management (e.g. Kuali Coeus, Kuali Financial Systems)
- Experience of analysis and reporting tools in Business Intelligence, Query Studio, OSP/CGA tools
- Experience working with OSP/CGA, various granting agencies
- Experience with EBS, SAP, MSU HR actions/transactions
- One to three years of related or expansive work experience in accounting procedures, policies and procedures, and strong technical skills including working knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Strong communication skills
Application deadline is October 22, 2019. Qualified applicants can apply online by visiting careers.msu.edu and refer to job posting #614912.
MSU is committed to achieving excellence through cultural diversity. The university actively encourages applications and/or nominations of women, persons of color, veterans and persons with disabilities.
MSU is an affirmative action, equal opportunity employer.