More Scenes Of Flooding Around Lansing, MSU
The Lansing region is experiencing major road closures as the area's highest flood waters in more than three decades continue to rise.
The Grand River, Red Cedar River and Sycamore Creek are expected to reach their crests sometime Thursday night. Lansing Mayor Andy Shor has recommended voluntary evacuations for a number of Lansing neighborhoods including:
- Urbandale – South of Michigan Ave./East of Fairview Ave./North of 496/West of 127
- Sycamore Park – East of Pennsylvania Ave./North of Mt. Hope St./South and West of the River (Northern part of neighborhood affected most)
- Knollwood Willow – East of North Grand River Ave./North of Willow St./South and West of the River
- Baker – South of the River/West of Pennsylvania Ave./East of Cedar/North of BakerCherry Hill – South of Kalamazoo/North of 496/East of Cherry/West of the River
- Riverpoint – South, West and East of the River/North of Elm Street (residential area Northeast of ReoTown)
- Tecumseh River – South of Tecumseh River Dr./North of the River/East of Waverley Rd./West of Tecumseh Park
- Ravenswood Neighborhood – North of Boynton Dr./South of the River/West of Snowglen Ln.
WKAR's Jason Vlahos provides images of flood waters throughout the Lansing/MSU area.