Nicole ZarembaTelevision Producer/Director
Nicole Zaremba is a producer/director for WKAR TV and is responsible for researching, writing, and bringing to air a variety of television programs, specials, series, and documentaries. Her most recent projects include Emmy® award-winning BackStage Pass, Serving Up Science, and COVID Diaries: On the Front Line.
Nicole joined WKAR in 2014.
Prior to joining WKAR, Nicole lived and worked in New York City managing a diverse array of productions for NBC, the Travel Channel, TLC, HGTV, Discovery Science, the Food Network, and Al Jazeera.
MORE ABOUT NICOLE ZAREMBA
Nicole Zaremba has worked in non-fiction film and reality television for over 15 years, producing, directing and overseeing many national, local, and digital productions.
Recent productions for WKAR include:
COVID Diaries: On the Front Line (October 2020). Producer/Director.
The film is a raw and unforgiving journey through the danger, trauma, and sacrifices of a Michigan nurse as navigates through the Covid-19 pandemic and escalating racial tensions throughout the country.
Right to Read (June 2021). Producer/Director.
The moving story of Michigan families attempting to secure their child’s right to read. Facing challenging circumstances -- like social inequity, Michigan's Read by Grade Three law, and limited access to books -- parents, educators and experts weigh in on how to solve the literacy crisis in Michigan. The goal? To encourage the joy of reading and promote childhood literacy at home.
- Long Form Content Director Nominee in 2020 for WKAR documentary: Covid Diaries
- Arts & Entertainment Emmy Winner in 2019 for WKAR show: BackStage Pass
- Emmy Nominee in 2017 and 2018 for WKAR shows: BackStage Pass, Faces of Flint and The Perfect Cup of Coffee
- Awarded Best of by NETA in 2018 and 2019 for BackStage Pass
- 2016-2020 Awarded Best of by the Michigan Association of Broadcasters for shows produced like Forte, BackStage Pass, The Perfect Cup of Coffee, Faces of Flint, and COVID Diaries
- Silver Telly awarded for The Perfect Cup of Coffee