Michigan State University’s Homecoming week begins October 16, with the football game against the Indiana Hoosiers ending the week of festivities.
The Michigan State Alumni Association, the University Activities Board, and other campus associations and colleges have scheduled events for Homecoming week.
Youtuber and MSU alumni, Tyler Oakley, will serve as the grand marshal for homecoming week.
During Homecoming week, lights around campus will glow with green bulbs.
Monday , October 16
· Hayrides and History starts the week off from 6:00 p.m. – 8:00 p.m. at the Auditorium loop, located near the Rock.
Tuesday, October 17
· The Sounds of Homecoming is from 6:00 p.m. – 8:00 p.m. at the Beaumont Tower
Wednesday, October 18
· The Lyman Briggs College celebrates its 50th anniversary with a gathering at the Huntington Club inside Spartan Stadium from 6:00 p.m. – 8:00 p.m.
· A Wood Slice Craft Night is open to students from 7:00 p.m. – 9:00 p.m. at the MSU Union Ballroom
Thursday, October 19
· The Alumni Grand Awards Gala will take place at the Kellogg Hotel & Conference Center with the reception starting at 5:30 p.m. and the dinner beginning at 6:15 p.m.
· Many alumni dinners, galas, and events are occurring around campus
Friday, October 20
· The Homecoming parade starts at 6:00p.m. and travels through Downtown East Lansing and the Michigan State campus.
· From 8:00 a.m. – 4:00p.m., MSU is having a Healthy Homecoming Walk against Penn State to see which university can walk the most. It will be at Demonstration Hall Field.
· Free Dairy Store ice cream is at the Rock from noon – 2:00p.m.
Saturday, October 21
· From noon to 1:30 p.m., The Green and White Brunch will be held at the Kellogg Hotel & Conference Center.
· The Michigan State versus Indiana Homecoming games starts at 3:30 p.m.
· Tailgates will be across campus for various associations and colleges throughout the day.
· Beaumont Tower tours are available from 11:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.