Magic paper, lifting soap, catapults? WATCH NOW
Explore the concept of levers, how they work, and how they’re used. Then try the STEM Challenge yourself and build a “Paint Paddle Catapult” to demonstrate the concept and function of this type of lever.
Download the #CuriosityGuide
- Trebuchet Trials (pdf): Discover how to make objects fly a long way with a classic Class 1 lever!
- Magic Paper (pdf): Use an everyday lever to amaze your friends!
- Pan Balance Lever (pdf): Did you know that a lever can help you compare the masses of objects?Associate the names of the parts of a lever with their jobs.
- Lift Your Parent (pdf): Use a lever to lift your parent!
- Lifting Soap (pdf): Create a lever and experiment with changing the effort or forceneeded to lift a load.
- Second-Class Ride (pdf): How easily can you lift a friend? Investigate how a Class 2 lever works.
- Marshmallow Launcher (pdf): Send marshmallows flying into the air! Can you hit a target every time?
STEM Challenge - Paint Paddle Catapult (pdf): Are you up for a distance challenge? Design and test a Class 1 lever to send objects as far as you can!
first air 11/23/15 Ep. 202